October 17, 2007

Home, Sweet Home

YES!!! It is SO GOOD to be back home. Most of the travel days are over with and the next show will be 2 exits up the interstate, so NO PACKING.

The shows in Roseville, CA were uneventful and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. I didn't have time for any shopping this year, but I did enjoy eating every night at Claim Jumper.

From sunny California it was on to Boise, ID (via Reno, NV) for 6 days. This year, for the one night in Reno, we decided to try the Grand Sierra instead of our usual Peppermill. Bad choice. There was nothing Grand about the Grand Sierra and we were very disappointed.

We came home from the long sojourn to find our 20 yr old son has decided, for some still unexplained reason (other than "just because"), to sport a septum ring. Yes, a nose ring. I just couldn't believe it. This from the kid who said, "I'll never smoke." (Not only does he smoke, he smokes cigarettes, cigars, pipes, hooka -- he works at a smoke shop). "I'll never get a tattoo." (He has 3 --- well, that I know of --- including one that extends the entire length of his inner forearm). "I'll never pierce my ears." (He has). I know kids evolve and go through changes & stages, but I honestly feel like I no longer know him. He's a stranger among us, who only lives with us and is no longer a part of us. He has become so cynical it's hard to be around him with all the negativity he continually spouts. Yep, dinner time at my house is a real blast. If it weren't for Jeopardy! there would be dead silence.

2 comments:

quin browne said...

omg, ida, i didn't know what you looked like!


goodness.


(psst, it's addie)

OreIda said...

LOL @ Addie -- was that a good "OMG" or a frightened "OMG"?
Gee, from the stuff that's been written about me on the boards, you'd think I'd plastered my mug all over RS & elsewhere. Therefore, I am SHOCKED. I repeat, SHOCKED!, you didn't know what I looked like.

*blows kisses*